The Compostology 24-10 Automated Composter GG-02 has been a very popular indoor composting option throughout 2020-21. After building quite the reputation for its ease of use, high capacity, and solid performance, this unit became a sought after tool for environmentally aware residential consumers looking to create nutrient-rich soil additive.
But where has it gone, and why is it no longer available? We have answers, though questions remain!
To the dismay of many, the GG-02 ran out of stock and was discontinued in the Spring of 2021. But with this news, there is hope for the future! The team is currently working to manufacture and release a higher performing, higher tech and more cost efficient version to the U.S. market. These are all good things.
While this model was initially slated for release last summer (2021), manufacturing delays and global supply shortages have delayed the new model release significantly. The new version is now scheduled for release sometime in 2022.
Why was the Compostology 24-10 so Popular?
This versatile composting unit has been popular for a variety of reasons. Here are a few of the top reasons that have been communicated by customers back to our team:
- Large Waste Capacity: The GG-02 can compost up to 10 pounds of food waste every single day. This is significant, and more than sufficient for most residential homes or small businesses. Extrapolating this to a full year's time, this unit can prevent close to 2 tons of waste from being discarded and added to our landfills! This is a very significant waste reduction tool.
- Versatility in Waste Types: Fruits and vegetable scraps, processed snacks, meat and fish cuts, and soups. The 24-10 can handle a wide variety of waste types compared to traditional hot composting techniques, where meat and fish waste is not compatible. This is a huge leg up on some competing systems on the market.
- Compact Design: 2.25 sq. ft. That's all the floor space that this unit needs to operate and thrive in your kitchen, laundry room, office space, or garage. This minimal footprint is all the more impressive considering the versatility and capacity of the system.
For all of these reasons outlined above, customers were willing to invest up to $1,599 to buy this composter.
What Will be Different with the New Model?
The new model will be a significant step up from its predecessor, though specific details and specs have not yet been released to the public. However, here are a few features that have been teased for the upcoming model:
- App based monitoring and control
- A stainless steel body
- Higher quality compost output
- Ability to process bones
- An improved filtration design and system
- Durable motor with varying 6lb, 20lb and 30lb capacity
While the price point is yet to be determined, the product looks far superior and capable of much more. Note that none of the above features have been confirmed.
Are There Larger Composting Options?
As suggested above, the residential line of composters could in fact come in various sizes, each with different waste capacities. Hopefully, this information will be released soon.
For those needing a commercial composting solution with a higher throughput and more rigid design, the Compostology 24-22 Commercial Composter is currently available to the public. This unit can handle up to 22 pounds of waste each day, and is perfectly suited for large family households, restaurants and bakeries, as well as farms, grocery stores, and other commercial operations.
Stay tuned for more updates on the release of this new model. We will work hard to keep our customers informed and prepared for the arrival of this new model. And as always, if you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
You can also sign up for updates on this item below!