For those who are trying out their luck at gardening, there are various ways to promote growth, including the best cloning machine for plants. Cloning machines help create the ideal environment for propagation, giving your new plants an almost 100% success rate.
Here is a quick overview of the five best cloning machines for plants and their key features.
- Built-in cooling system breaks down oxygen more efficiently
- Humidity dome locks in moisture
- Utilizes Aeroponic Misting Technology for equal distribution
- Leakproof design made from durable UV protected HDPE plastic
- Unmatched coverage from 13 spray heads
- Comes with detailed instructions great for beginners
- Prevents bowing with a reinforced basin
- Light gray outer coating keeps interior temperature cool
- 4-inch diffuser creates constant oxygen flow
- Submersible pump and Venturi value provide turbulence and air bubbles
Best Cloning Machine for Plant
The following five cloning machines are ideal kits for new plant propagation. Each comes with its advantages and disadvantages to consider.
Even with 48 cloning sites, this cloning machine fits nicely in small spaces. It has a 4.5-gallon water capacity with rounded edges for easy cleaning. Also, each site has a finger dent allowing for easy removal of cuttings. The ambient air cooling system maintains a constant water temperature and provides quality air circulation throughout the machine.
A unique feature of the TurboKlone is its humidity dome, which comes in handy in drier climates. It’s best to use the dome for the first four or five days of propagation as the cuttings acclimate to their new environment.
- Built-in cooling system continually pumps fresh air
- Optional humidity dome keeps moisture locked in when needed
- Nicely designed for home-growing environments
- No water heater
Check price on TurboKlone Black Label 48 Cloner.
The EZ Clone 16 is made from HDPE plastic that is durable and protected against UV degradation. The 16 cutting sites are conveniently numbered on the lid for easy plant identification. Each site has four finger slots for the simple removal of cuttings once they are ready.
The reservoir is virtually leakproof with its increased lip height and extended drainage gutters. EZ Clone’s Aeroponic Misting Technology creates the perfect moist environment for plants to take root in 5-10 days. The cloning machine is a plug-and-play system, making it easy to use for beginner at-home gardeners.
- Structurally sound
- Fits nicely in small areas with dimensions 24.00 inches x 14.75 inches x 12.38 inches
- Alpha-numeric labels make organization easy
- Water pump may break unexpectedly
With an impressive 36 sites, the Clone King machine uses 13 spray heads to provide roots with constant water aeration. Setting up the device is easy to do, even for a first-time cloner.
Another nice feature of the Clone King 36 is it comes with additional Neoprene inserts. It has a durable reservoir made of hard plastic with dimensions of 13.8 inches x 13.8 inches x 12.5 inches. Plus, it only weighs five pounds, making transporting it easy even when filled with water.
- 100% growth success rate
- Set up takes no time
- Materials are sturdy
- Comes with cloning instructions
- Reservoir is hard to clean thoroughly
- Spray nozzles may clog
For gardeners looking to expand their cloning abilities, the TurboKlone Elite 96 might be the best cloning machine. Much like its smaller cousin, the TurboKlone Black Label 48, this system comes with a humidity dome, making it great for those who live in more arid climates. The dome is removable, so you can use it as needed.
Another great feature of the TurboKlone Elite 96 is its 4,800 RPM Elite Series fan. This impressive ventilator allows for even faster rooting by providing more oxygen and cooler temperatures. The basin is also coated with a light gray, heat-resistant material to reflect light.
- Includes alphanumeric, color-separated site planning
- Increased fan power for more efficient propagation
- Basin is reinforced for durability
- Humidity dome comes with adjustable vents
- The higher RPM van uses up more energy
Check price on TurboKlone Elite 96 Cloner.
Hydrofarm’s OxyClone 20 is a reliable cloning machine that is great for home use. It comes with 20 cloning sites and Active Aqua Premium water and air pumps. Hydrofarm has been around longer than any other manufacturer, and they lead the hydroponics industry.
The system keeps its temperature regulated using an evaporating and cooling setup while the Active Aqua pump aerates the oxygen evenly to plants’ roots. The whole machine weighs in at only five points and is only 6 inches tall, making it ideal for small spaces.
- Reservoir materials are FDA-approved and BPA-free
- Aerates effectively for quick growth
- Reusable, non-toxic EVA foam inserts
- No water mister or humidity dome
What to Consider When Buying a Cloning Machine for Plants
If you’ve ever tried to propagate plants the old-fashioned way, you know that it takes a fair amount of trial and error. Different plants need different environments to grow well, and even the most minor changes can create challenges for the plants.
When you use a cloning machine, you can create the perfect habitat for your plants to succeed. However, one thing to keep in mind is the environment in which you will be using the cloning machine. For example, if you live somewhere very dry, a humidity dome machine may be best.
Another critical factor to think about before purchasing is how much cloning you plan on doing. As you can see from above, cloning machines come in a wide range of sizes, from as little as 16 sites to as many as 96 sites.
Also, consider how much space you have for the machine. While all of the cloning machines here are small, they still need an area that includes access to a power outlet and doesn’t mind a bit of noise.
Lastly, it’s essential to keep in mind what your price range is. Some of these machines are basic and have a price tag that matches their features; others are more high-tech and use high-quality materials, reflected in their cost.
Cloning machines are becoming more popular as beginner and novice gardeners realize how much they can benefit from this controlled assistance. While some old-school green thumbs might consider cloning machines a form of cheating, modern growers know any help they can get is worth it.
Check prices on cloning machines.